Follow these steps to remove popcorn ceilings at home without making a mess. If your house was built before 1978, test for lead and asbestos before starting this project.
1. Protect furniture with plastic dropcloths.
2. Lightly mist the ceilings with warm water.
3. File down a drywall knife to prevent gouging.
4. Attach the drywall knife to a wet/dry vac to clean up the mess as you scrape the popcorn ceiling.
5. Sand any rough areas, then prime and paint the ceiling.
Subscribe ► http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=hgtv
Check Out Our Newsletter ► https://www.hgtv.com/about-us/hgtv-newsletters/
HGTV delivers families with relatable stories, superstar real estate and renovation experts and amazing home transformations that inspire a passionate audience. For anyone seeking entertaining and aspirational home and lifestyle content, HGTV is the place to be. HGTV’s top shows include Property Brothers: Forever Home, Home Town, Flip or Flop, House Hunters, House Hunters International, and Renovation Island.
Stream full episodes and more: http://watch.hgtv.com/
Get ideas and inspiration: https://www.hgtv.com/
Follow HGTV on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hgtv/
Follow HGTV on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hgtv
Like HGTV on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HGTV
How to Remove Popcorn Ceilings | HGTV
so skim coating is not necessary?